Who are we and what we stand for?
As a Nurse and have experience with managing a Community Nursing team, I have identified that a lot of patients in the local community are being discharged home with no social care packages in place to meet their needs or they do not have complete packages of care in place. This is causing the elderly to be socially isolated in their own homes and local communities. There are not enough social care providers to meet the rapidly increasing needs of the elderly. They want to remain in their own homes, safely and independently, for as long as possible.
E = Empower patients.
L = Leaders in our sector.
A = Accountable for quality improvement.
ELA Care Limited is committed to improve patient’s quality of life by providing safe, high quality, value for money, personalised social care, while ensuring that we promote positive mental health, independence, reduce social isolation to the elderly community and allowing them to be comfortable in their own home. To provide professional care with respect, dignity, and compassion to achieve this.
We are committed to support and train staff to ensure that they are confident and competent to be able to provide safe patient centred care, valuing staff with better pay and achievable workloads to promote positive mental health and working conditions for staff.
The value’s of our Business is to provide the following:
· To work with patients and families to be involved with planning personalised care to promote positive mental health and reduce social isolation for the elderly community.
· To provide services that takes patients equality and diversity into consideration.
· To listen to patients, families and staff to create an open and honest environment and embrace feedback to ensure a continuous quality improvement of service development.
· To ensure that patients and staff are valued, respected to promote professionalism and consideration.
· To provide care with competent trained staff to carry out service delivery.
· To take responsibility and are accountable for our own actions.
To provide non medical care services to local elderly residents, predominately ages over 65 years and who would like to remain living safely and independently in their own home but who require help with certain daily or weekly activities. Working closely with patients and their families we provide personalised assistance in patients own home.
We aim to ensure that we provide support to the patients based on patient choice of care and preferences regardless of race, colour, gender, transgender, marital status, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Description of Products and Services:
· Companionship at home.
· Taking patients out into the community to reduce social isolation and promote positive mental health.
· Cleaning (light housework).
· Meal preparation.
· Laundry washing.
· Collecting prescriptions.
· Assisting and supporting patients to attend hospital/GP appointments.
· Pet Walking.
· Telephone support.
We are a family run business who is owned and managed by someone who has over 21 years as a registered nurse in the NHS. I have experience of working in community nursing team since 2005 and have built up working relationships and networks with GP surgeries, neighbourhood team, community nursing services, social services, other professional services and the domiciliary care agencies in the community. I have extensive experience with assessing health and social care needs of patients, setting up packages of care to meet patient needs in their home settings. Promoting self-care for patients to keep their independence while prompting dignity and privacy of the patient. I have knowledge of the assessment of mental capacity, safeguarding, dementia knowledge, infection prevention, completing audits, investigating complaints, incidents and applying lessons learned to the patient care for quality improvement. I have built up extensive knowledge of how to safely support people within their own home, help maintain their independence, promote positive mental health and reduce social isolation. I will use this knowledge, skills and experience to deliver high quality, safe care while being value for money.